Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness
- An estimated 500,000 miscarriages happen each year;
- 1 in every 148 babies are stillborn; and
- 3 in every 1000 babies die shortly after birth.
Support groups for those who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss
- AfterTalk is an online grief support site offering inspirational stories, poems and quotes, and forums on the grieving process. The site offers grief advice by Dr. Neimeyer, an expert in grief and bereavement.
- The On Coming Alive Project is a collection of true stories featuring men and women who are coping and “coming alive” after loss or other tragedies. Stories also include overcoming and living through abuse, depression, anxiety, rape, and other circumstances. They encourage journaling through grief and offer a Facebook support group.
- MISS Foundation is an international community of compassion and hope for grieving families. MISS provides immediate and ongoing support to grieving families as well as training and referrals for certified Compassionate Bereavement Care Providers.